The new Mayor’s election promises
Find out what Boris pledged to deliver in his next four years as Mayor.
- invest in London's infrastructure, regeneration and housing to create 200,000 jobs over the next four years
- deliver 55,000 affordable homes between 2012 and 2015
- boost the First Steps programme of low cost home ownership with plans to help 25,000 Londoners during the spending review period
- improve standards in the private rented sector with a new London Rental Standard
- accredit 100,000 landlords during the next four years to help drive out rogue landlords who blight the reputation of the private rented sector
- secure a £3bn funding settlement from the Government for London housing
- build 11,000 new homes in the Olympic Park
- continue to pursue his goal of ending rough sleeping.
- used his new housing powers to set up a Housing and Land Directorate at City Hall to drive forward his housing pledges
- set up a board called Homes for London with equal representation of boroughs and mayoral appointees to oversee investment in housing and regeneration in the capital.